Bats and your development
Common projects such as roofing, extensions, demolitions, barn conversions, loft conversions, basement conversions, dormer window installations, and garage conversions regularly trigger the requirement for bat surveys as part of the planning process, whatever your project or development proposal we can help with all your bat survey needs.
Daytime bat assessments also known as preliminary roost assessments, or bat scoping surveys can be conducted all year round and involve a full external and internal assessment of your property including any loft spaces and basements to check for roosting bats, evidence of occupation by bats, and potential for the property to support roosting bats.
If the daytime bat assessment of your property finds evidence of roosting bats or potential for the building to support roosting bats, further surveys will be required in the form of dusk emergence and dawn re-entry surveys to ascertain the presence / likely absence of bats or for the purpose of roost characterisation.
Activity surveys can be conducted between April and September and allow us to inform you and the local planning authority on the likely impact that your project will have on resident and local bat populations.
If your property is found to support roosting bats, once you have been granted planning permission we can help you to obtain a European Protected Species Mitigation Licence from Natural England to permit your development to take place and provide suitable mitigation and compensation to ensure the best outcome for both you and your resident bats.
Throughout the whole process you will get the personal service of dealing directly with local experienced ecological consultant and licenced bat worker Andrew Tillson-Willis to ensure that your project runs as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Contact us today to book your daytime bat assessment
We can help with all of your bat survey requirements get in touch for your free quotation
- Built structure assessments.
- Daytime bat assessments (DBA) / preliminary roost appraisals (PRA).
- Dusk emergence & dawn re-entry presence / likely absence surveys.
- Roost characterisation surveys.
- Activity surveys.
- Passive / static monitoring.
- Infra-red night-vision surveys.
- Ground level tree assessments.
- Climbing / aerial tree assessments.
- Reasonable avoidance measures / precautionary working methods method statements.
- European Protected Species Mitigation Licence applications.
- Supervision of works.
- Mitigation design and installation.
- Bat box supply and installation.